Sunday, October 26, 2014

What dreams may come...

The great thing about neglecting a garden like mine is that it hardly shows!  Two acres of semi-woodland means that nature can kind of do what it likes and it hardly looks any different....well to my eyes at least.

I had been feeling completely overwhelmed by the garden - every time I started on something the sheer enormity of the task got to me and I'd retire back inside to do something more achievable - like sewing, crochet, painting furniture....basically anything other than what felt like 'outdoor housework'.

This is not a good strategy because nature keeps on working even when you don't and the garden has started to look a little too wild.

hammockstand.info
One the signs of leadership is the ability to ask for help, so I did.  I asked my garden designer friend (and devoted surrogate owner of our dog, Asha) Janet if she knew of someone looking for garden work.  She did!!!

So now we have the amazing Charles and his steady and consistent work is helping me regain confidence in my vision and ideas.

Let the dreams begin!




No comments: